Dr Ying (Lena) Wang joined the School of Management, RMIT University as a lecturer in Oct 2016. Lena teaches and researches in areas of work psychology and organisational behaviour, with particular focus on leadership, personality, diversity, and employee wellbeing. She also has over 10 years of consulting experience on a wide range of areas specialising in psychometric testing, talent assessment and management, leadership training and development, organisational health and safety, among others. Lena has lived and worked in Australia, UK, US and China.
Lena received a PhD in Work Psychology from University of Sheffield, UK, and MSc in Psychological Research Method and MA in Organisational Studies from University of Warwick, UK. Lena is certified for using a wide range of psychological assessment and training tools.
- Wang, Y.,Ang, C.,Jiang, Z.,Wu, C. (2019). The role of trait extraversion in shaping proactive behavior: A multilevel examination of the impact of high-activated positive affect In: Personality and Individual Differences, 136, 107 – 112
- Parker, S.,Wang, Y.,Liao, J. (2019). When Is Proactivity Wise? A Review of Factors That Influence the Individual Outcomes of Proactive Behavior In: Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, 6, 221 – 248
- Byrne, L.,Roennfeldt, H.,Wang, Y.,O’Shea, P. (2019). ‘You don’t know what you don’t know’: The essential role of management exposure, understanding and commitment in peer workforce development In: International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, 28, 572 – 581
- Jiang, Z.,Wang, Y.,Hu, X.,Wang, Z. (2019). Open Workplace Climate and LGB Employees’ Psychological Experiences: The Roles of Self-Concealment and Self-Acceptance In: Journal of Employment Counseling, 56, 2 – 19
- Tian, A.,Wang, Y.,Chia, T. (2018). Put my skills to use? Understanding the joint effect of job security and skill utilization on job satisfaction between skilled migrants and Australian born workers in Australia In: Social Indicators Research, 139, 259 – 275
- Trau, N.,Chuang, Y.,Pichler, S.,Lim, A.,Wang, Y.,Halvorsen, B. (2018). The dynamic recursive process of community influences, LGBT-support policies and practices, and perceived discrimination at work In: Stigmas, Work and Organizations, Palgrave Macmillan, United States
- Jiang, Z.,Wang, Y.,Guo, F.,Gollan, P. (2018). Vocational experiences and quality of life of migrants: overview and future research In: Social Indicators Research, 139, 403 – 414
- Warmerdam, A.,Newnam, S.,Wang, Y.,Sheppard, D.,Griffin, M.,Stevenson, M. (2018). High performance workplace systems’ influence on safety attitudes and occupational driver behaviour In: Safety Science, 106, 146 – 153
- Wang, Y.,Wu, C.,Parker, S.,Griffin, M. (2018). Developing goal orientations conducive to learning and performance: An intervention study In: Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 91, 875 – 895
- Fairbrother, P.,Rafferty, M.,Douglas, N.,Wang, Y. (2018). Retiring Hurt? The Long-term Costs of Structural Conflicts of Duty and Interest in the Superannuation Industry In: Industry Super Australia Melbourne, Australia
View more outputs from this academic in the RMIT Research Repository
Lena has been working closely with industry for over 10 years. Before joining RMIT, she was Educational Program Manager at Accelerated Learning Laboratory, University of Western Australia (2011-2016). In that role she worked with various organisations in mining, oil and gas, construction, and public sectors, and attracted over AUD $500,000 industry grants. prior to her postgraduate studies in the UK she was an Associate Consultant at Mobley Group Pacific in Shanghai, China (2004-2007), during which time she worked with numerous multinational organisations such as McDonald, Bayer, BearingPoint, ABB, among others, to provide consulting services in talent management, talent assessment and leadership development. She also worked briefly during the summer of 2009 as a consultant at Assessment Associates International based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
4 PhD Current Supervisions