Professor Chris Warhurst: The Future of Work – Positions, Policies and Evidence
Chris Warhurst is Professor and Director of the Institute for Employment Research at the University of Warwick in the UK. He will be visiting CPOW in March and on that occasion will give a public lecture on his research findings.
Chris is also a Trustee of the Tavistock Institute in London, an Associate Research Fellow of SKOPE at the University of Oxford and Chair of the Management Committee of Human Relations.
He was formerly Professor of Work & Organisation Studies at the University of Sydney. His research focuses on job quality, skills and aesthetic labour. He has published 16 books including Are bad jobs inevitable? (2012), Job Quality in Australia (2015) and the Oxford Handbook of Skills and Training (2017). He has published over 50 articles in journals such as Work, Employment and Society, Administrative Science Quarterly and Journal of Management Studies. Much of his research is funded by government. He is currently the UK lead on the pan-European ‘Beyond 4.0’ project examining the future of work and welfare.
He has been an expert advisor to the UK, Scottish and Australian Governments as well the OECD, Oxfam and Scottish Living Wage Campaign. He is motivated by wanting to improve the quality of working lives through science.
- Digitisation of work processes. With Wil Hunt and Sally Wright. Funded by European Commission. Project Start Date 13/08/2018 – Project end Date: 12/10/2018 [details]
- BEYOND 4.0 – Inclusive Futures for Europe BEYOND the impacts of Industrie 4.0 and Digital Disruption. With Sally-Anne Barnes, Sally Wright and Sudipa Sarkar with Chris Mathieu (Lund University), led by Steven Dhondt (TNO). Project Start Date: 01/10/2018 – Project End Date: 30/09/2018 [details]
- Degrees of Advantage? A longer-term investigation of the careers of UK graduates. With Peter Elias, Daria Luchinskaya, Gaby Atfield and Wil Hunt. Funded by: Nuffield Foundation. Project Start Date: 01/04/2018 – Project End Date: 30/09/2019 [details]
- Investment in Technology. With Wil Hunt and Sudipa Sarkar. Funded by CIPD. Project Start Date: 01/03/2018 – Project End Date: 30/10/2018 [details]
- Provision for ERM Restructuring factsheets. Funded by European Foundation. Project Start Date: 23/04/2014 – 28/02/2018